Before using this library, you have to prepare an environment to develop your ev3dev-lang-java application.
- 1. An ev3dev device with kernel version 17 or later (or with the latest kernel version 20)
- To make sure this, you can do
ev3dev-sysinfo -m or
uname -aon your ev3dev device to check it.
- 2. Java 7 or 8 or later installed into the ev3dev device
- It is recommended to use Oracle Java 8 instead of OpenJDK.
- Java 9 is not tested for compatibility with this library.
- 3. A Maven Development environment